Spalted Sugar Maple Diamond Box w/ Hidden Captured Marble. - 23"
SPALTED SUGAR MAPLE DIAMOND BOX W/ HIDDEN CAPTURED MARBLE
- 23" Length x 13.25 Width x 5.5" High
- Having rescued this beautiful Spalted Sugar Maple timber from a fallen tree in Staunton VA, I band-sawed the large diamond shape for drying.
- After drying over two years, I "trued" the diamond shape and sculpted the elegant wings at 2000 rpm.
- Then shaped the raised center dome and hollowed out the interior box with an undercut rim, all sanded to a very smooth surface.
- Hidden under the Pagoda style lid I carefully captured a large marble with tolerances that allow the marble to rotate and spin.
- The beautiful marble was made by glass artist Phillip Nolley.
- Finished with 100% Organic TY Oil and Wax Buffed.